Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 2 - Another Nutcracker

This is the brother to day 1's nutcracker. These are the only big ones I have, but there are about ten or eleven others. I started buying one each year when my son was little. I'm supposed to be putting the decorations away, but it's more fun to take pictures of them! :)



The lighting is different because not only is it a different time of day, but this little guy is closer to both the window and the tree. My actual wall color and texture looks more like day 1. See?

9 comments:

  1. Nice composition again and I like the way you chose the other end of the photo to frame him - that works well for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, Pat, they're decorative. It comes from Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nutcracker). It's really popular here in the U.S. and is a Christmas time tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another 'cracking' image! ;-)

    Love it.

    -mrnelson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that background and texture and it's especially nice in this one with the almost-spotlight behind his head. Fabulous lighting and they really are a well-matched pair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look good up there together I like your borders very fitting

    ReplyDelete
  7. This nutcracker looks so cute with it's Santa hat and star wand :) Very whimsical! Fantastic composition placing him near the edge of the photo. Like he's waiting for his 'brother' to come join him in the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shot with both nutcrackers shows their size nicely. I was trying to imagine how big they must look on top of a TV stand...but they aren't as huge as I had imagined :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like everyone else, I like the composition, color and texture.

    ReplyDelete