Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 23

Still no photo. I've been accompanying 12 hours today and it hurts just to think about picking up a camera. But for what it's worth, I had so much fun today. The director I'm playing for is the director of the Morehouse Glee Club and it has been a great learning experience for me. Good thing is that with playing all day long (and very repetitively, I might add) I'm not as nervous about the Haydn piece (Awake the Harp).

I'll have some time on Sunday to take some shots, but not before I catch up on all the overdue comments. Thanks to everyone!

Oh and cridley, about the whites, the way I do it besides trying to set my white balance correctly and lighting the scene, I also do a levels adjustment and use the highlights eyedropper and click on any area that should be pure white but is just a tad too dark. The good thing about using the eye dropper and a new layer for this is that you can click over and over to change it if needed.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really hectic. But glad you are having fun. Sounds like a productive experience - even if there aren't any photos involved :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that the challenge is over I thought I'd pop in one last time to say thank you for taking time to comment on my blog. I'm sorry your hectic schedule caused you not to finsih the challenge but you have produced some lovely results of which Day 13 - Hydrangeas is my very favourite of your gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete