Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 22 - fail

:(

I'm out of the contest, but I'll try to keep shooting. But probably not until Sunday. I'm about stressed to the maximum human limit right now. Besides everything that goes along with teaching, I spent all day preparing for a sub for my classes tomorrow and practicing piano. I'll be accompanying our District Honor Chorus' 11th & 12th grade chorus tomorrow and Saturday.

Here are just two of the six choral pieces I've been trying to get ready to play:
Awake the Harp (I S*U*C*K at counterpoint :( )
I Dream a World (really beautiful and fun to play but talk about challenge! The hemiola is sadistic in this thing!)
... did I mention I only received these a few days ago?
(The clips are not me playing... but hopefully I'll sound acceptable. Wish me luck!)

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you are out, your photos have been gorgeous.

    All the best for your Chorus.

    I feel sorry for teachers as teaching involves so much more work than just teaching in the classroom. You deserve every holiday you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you are out, but I hope that you find a little bit of time next week to shoot a few more shots for us. Have loved your stuff every day, and sorry I couldn't comment every day. But I have caught up now.

    Good luck with the Chorus and musical endeavours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all goes well for you. I shall look forward to more additions to your gallery if you find yourself in a position and have time to take more. Thanks for the ones you've already taken - there's some really nice shots in this collection.

    ReplyDelete